• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

George Antheil - Symphony for 5 Instruments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canbugler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: George Antheil - Symphony for 5 Instruments Reply with quote

Does anyone here know where to get a copy of a score and/or parts for George Antheil's Symphony for 5 Instruments, revised edition (1923)? Are they even available?

Thanks for the help.
Didymus
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: George Antheil - Symphony for 5 Instruments Reply with quote

canbugler wrote:
Does anyone here know where to get a copy of a score and/or parts for George Antheil's Symphony for 5 Instruments, revised edition (1923)? Are they even available?

Thanks for the help.

Hmm.... my google-fu skills revealed that the publisher (Weintraub via G.Schirmer, distributed by Music Sales Dot Com) lists the work's availability as "For Hire", at least in the United States. I could not find any place which sells the parts, nor the score.

Worldcat.org lists the New York Public Library as a holder of the score & parts in microfilm, but that may not help you very much if the holding is listed as archive or non-circulating.

The work was also known as "Quintet for flute, bassoon, trumpet, trombone, and viola."
noamiller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you affiliated with any institution, talk to the librarians who are in charge of processing interlibrary loan requests. Oftentimes there are items that do not show on worldcat and they are able to have access to it.
Another option is either request for someone at the NY public library to digitize the microfilm, or for yourself to travel there and do it. At this point microfilm projectors are advanced where it is pretty easy to make pdfs (that is hoping that the NY public library owns one of those).

I have not looked this up myself, but see if you can figure out where Antheil's archive is, they should at least have the manuscript there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: