• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Austin Winds Stage 470LT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
popfly38

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject: Austin Winds Stage 470LT Reply with quote

I had a chance to test drive my friends Austin Winds Stage 470LT with copper bell for about a week. Great large bore horn with a full, solid sound and surprisingly easy blow. His is about 2 or 3 years old and was made by Kanstul. I looked at the Austin Winds web store and new ones are still available although obviously not made by Kanstul anymore, although they say it is "hand made in USA to our specs". Anyone have experience with the newer horns and how they play relative to the Kanstul made version? Any idea of the new manufacturer?
OldSchoolEuph
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AW website is a bit dated. There were one or two Kanstul-built Stage 470LTs still available when last I checked (personally, I like the bronze bell best). I know that new models in the vein of the Stage 470LT are coming soon, but when last I was there, the prototypes had not been completed yet (several months back). I'm not free to share info about fabrication, but it is pretty exciting who will be doing the work (I imagine they will announce when the horns are ready to go) - and the new designs will be all Austin Winds, just like in the past.

There is a copper bell 470LT on eBay presently - great horn for a great price.

2017 Austin Winds Stage 466
1962 Mt. Vernon Bach 43
1954 Holton 49 Stratodyne
1927 Conn 22B
1957 Holton 27 cornet
1985 Yamaha YEP-621
1975 Yamaha YEP-321 Custom
1965 Besson Baritone
1975 Olds Recording R-20
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: