• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

LA Embouchure Expert(s)?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gmulzet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this on a couple of other forums here....

I've been a professional trumpet player going on 14 years and recently got some drastic but necessary dental work that has all but ended my ability to play. I haven't taken lessons since I was in college, but practicing on my own has only led to frustration. Who in Los Angeles would be BEST to turn to? Is there an expert that can save my career, someone who has proven to be the best in the field of reconstructing an embouchure, or is all hope lost?
zachenos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post will probably be a touch muddled, a combination of being busy (tis' the season, eh?) and a fuzzy memory.

I did my undergrad in LA at USC (damn BCS...) and I often heard of a dentist in town who was a trumpet player himself and was sensitive to how certain dental procedures could monkey with your playing ability, I want to say his name was Brown. His name was given to me in lessons by Boyde Hood and at a local summer festival Dave Evans (Cal State Long Beach) often gave a class on the subject, during which he also recommended this dentist. Either one of those two might be able to point you in the right direction. At the end of my stay at USC Mark Garrabrant (Cal State Fullerton) had dental concerns that I believe hampered his playing, he might also be an additional source of information. I hope this helps.

Zach
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Schools All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: