• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

How do you put something on the market place?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSouthG22

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 8:15 am    Post subject: How do you put something on the market place? Reply with quote

I am new to this website. Recently I was told that I could sell my trumpet on here but I don’t know how to do so. Can anyone let me know how?
Christian K. Peters
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject: How do you sell Reply with quote

Hello,
Welcome to the TH. The Trumpet Herald is here to help folks find answers. I believe the idea is to share expertise and develop a camaraderie/trust with others and find some common ground. The marketplace is our resource. The real answer is that you need to have five posts to be able to use the marketplace. I have always told my people that the TH is a great place to buy and sell, but you need to be a part of the community, not just to take advantage of a free board. 5 meaningless posts will just get you a bunch of flack. People here like credibility...That is what you get out of this community. If you want a quick sale,, FB has places, ebay and you local craigslist might service you better. But feel free to join in on all the conversations. we all have valid stuff to share and ponder.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you sell Reply with quote

Christian K. Peters wrote:
Hello,
Welcome to the TH. The Trumpet Herald is here to help folks find answers. I believe the idea is to share expertise and develop a camaraderie/trust with others and find some common ground. The marketplace is our resource. The real answer is that you need to have five posts to be able to use the marketplace. I have always told my people that the TH is a great place to buy and sell, but you need to be a part of the community, not just to take advantage of a free board. 5 meaningless posts will just get you a bunch of flack. People here like credibility...That is what you get out of this community. If you want a quick sale,, FB has places, ebay and you local craigslist might service you better. But feel free to join in on all the conversations. we all have valid stuff to share and ponder.

One of the best ever responses to this question.

Brad
blbaumgarn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject: How do you place something on the marketplace? Reply with quote

I don't remember how long I have been a member at TH but approach it with sincerity and know that if you get involved and read and ask questions the very knowledgeable people here will be glad to help. I have purchased one used trumpet and some mouthpieces here and am very satisfied with what I got because the sellers were all up front and truthful. I think you will find that. I learn something each time I sign on here and that is always worthwhile.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree with the posters above and agree that this is a wonderful resource, the normal procedure for newbies wanting to sell in the marketplace is a little different.

Many non-members who want to sell simply make five quick nonsensical posts, which is then quickly followed by numerous responses posts from members lecturing them about the quality of their posts and how no one will want to purchase from them.

Truth be told, I suspect that the quality of the posts does not matter to many who purchase from the marketplace. And there are some who have posted on here for quite a while that end up being outed as unreliable sellers/purchasers at best. So post quality/participation points might not be the most reliable criteria in the end.

As for becoming a ongoing member, if one only wants to sell an instrument that is no longer being used, then perhaps they aren't interested in trumpet discussions either.

That said, if it were me, I would introduce myself and discuss the the item I wish to sell, in my first few posts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: