• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Getzen mouthpiece with no size markings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikepodorski

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:29 pm    Post subject: Getzen mouthpiece with no size markings Reply with quote

Did a search here but didn't find anything. I got a Getzen mouthpiece in an Ebay purchase a few days ago. It has no size markings, only GETZEN CO. ELKHORN, WIS.. I am not a good judge of mouthpiece sizes, but the rim diameter seems to be similar to my Bach 3c with a more shallow cup. Plays with a much warmer tone, with a fair amount of resistance. Does anyone have any info? See the Ebay link which appears to be the same as what I have.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303681961591
JeffM729
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These were standard issue for Getzen horns back in the late 50’s-early 60’s from what I recall.

Mine is more of a Bach 10 1/2C size with a .625 ID, medium C cup, and a tight 27 drill.
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffM729 wrote:
These were standard issue for Getzen horns back in the late 50’s-early 60’s from what I recall.

Mine is more of a Bach 10 1/2C size with a .625 ID, medium C cup, and a tight 27 drill.

Jeff, I bought a Severinsen in1965. In my memory, the mouthpiece looked more "antiquey". Same mouthpiece or did Getzen make one specifically for the Severinsen?

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Selmer K-Modified Light Trumpet (for sale)
Benge 3X Cornet
oxleyk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one that looked like this. It was marked 5C and was quite small. The wide rim contour made it difficult for me to play.

Kent
JeffM729
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kehaulani wrote:

Jeff, I bought a Severinsen in1965. In my memory, the mouthpiece looked more "antiquey". Same mouthpiece or did Getzen make one specifically for the Severinsen?

My Getzen Severinsen, bought in 1972, came with the Jet-Tone. After Doc left Jet-Tone, Getzen issued a 5C with their Eterna and Capri trumpets.

The heavier mouthpiece that is being referred to that I have came with a Getzen Elkhorn single valve bugle. I believe that if you bought a Getzen “Deluxe” model, it came with a Deluxe mouthpiece. I’m not sure what was being issued with the earlier Severinsens.
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Selmer K-Modified Light Trumpet (for sale)
Benge 3X Cornet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: