• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Chemotherapy and Lip Numbness (R Chop therapy) 1st of 6 dose

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuningbell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Chemotherapy and Lip Numbness (R Chop therapy) 1st of 6 dose Reply with quote

Hello Everyone-
I know with Wayne Bergeron's diagnosis and the passing of Ryan Anthony cancer is in our community as it is in all communities. I know there are some cancer experts on this site and was hoping for some insight into something that just made me burst into tears. I was diagnosed with Ann Arbor Stage 3 NHL in my abdomen and groin. With suspicion of co-occurring DLCBL and CD 10 Follicular Lymphoma. The Follicular is confirmed by biopsy the DLCBL is suspected by PET scan SUV values. Anyway, I tried to play today and my lips are numb! Could barely feel a buzz. Honked out a few notes but couldn’t really play and felt disconnected to the horn. Is RChop neuropathy only hands and legs or could I experience it in my lips? I no longer play as a pro for a living but was hoping to be able to nourish my soul and spirits by playing Christmas carols, hymns and the blues ( for obvious reasons) I’m not experiencing any other neurological issues and actually feel pretty good after my first treatment. 5 more to go. Any insight on this would be helpful. I’ll be discussing this with my Haematologist as well. Cheers - john
Andy Del
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather suspect you need to go talk to your oncologist, now. Neuropathy, as a side effect of chemo, is something they will want to know about.

Sooner, rather than later, possibly right now. As in NOW.

Cheers

Andy
Tuningbell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did contact my Dr. And have a follow up. It was her experience to watch for the neuropathy in hands and feet. She has never treated a trumpet player so this was a new symptom for both of us. My chops feel better today. Still very stiff but they do have sensation.
Andy Del
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on what drugs you are on, the list of symptoms varies. You seem to have been given very little information. Anyone read the label? You might wish to consider second opinions from someone with experience dealing with people in odd professions, like sport, music, dance, etc.
Tuningbell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symptoms have resolved.. I’m playing OK again. Will watch if it happens on cycle #2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Pedagogy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: