• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Discussion on the current gen Xenos

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bebop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:20 am    Post subject: Xeno II Reply with quote

As I said I own a 8345II in lacquer and like it a lot. But, I have never played the 8335II or the 8335RGS II. Is there much difference in sound and blow between my 8345II and a 8335II or a 8335RS?
LowNoteSavant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overpriced crap. Just get an Edwards...Why not just own the best valveblock in the biz? It ain't the most important thing to fuss about brands.

Xeno is the upper tier of Yahmaha...Edwards is the freaking best of the best in valves. Why settle for less?

Quit playing with brand names and just buy the best. Enough already
adagiotrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LowNoteSavant wrote:
Overpriced crap. Just get an Edwards...Why not just own the best valveblock in the biz? It ain't the most important thing to fuss about brands.

Xeno is the upper tier of Yahmaha...Edwards is the freaking best of the best in valves. Why settle for less?

Whoa! Maybe you should switch to decaf. Edwards are terrific horns, but "the freaking best of the best in valves"? How can you dismiss a whole world of trumpet makers? What about Bauerfiend (sp?) or Shilke valves? And those are only two makes that I am familiar with and have played. I am sure there are many more. And let's not forget the extensive list of major symphony trumpet players using Yamaha horns.

As far as Yamahas are concerned, they don't work for me but there's a whole who's who of trumpet players out there that are using them to great success.

Frankly, I'll take the opinions of Wayne Bergeron, Ronald Romm, et al. over LowNoteSavant anytime regarding Yamahas.
blownchops

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LowNoteSavant wrote:

I looked at your post history, you talk about quitting trumpet before high school and how you were always playing bottom trumpet parts (in middle school presumably).

You seem like a troll.

For Getzen/Edwards valves many people like them. My only experience was not positive with them. I had an Eterna flug, its 1st valve had a huge pit on the piston and it would stick all the time. I called Getzen and asked about what we could do about it. They told me the horn was to old for a warranty claim and that was that, end of discussion. Maybe the person answering the phone was having a bad day. Regardless, it left me with a near useless flugle and successfully turned me away from buying Getzen products in the future.

I know that is not the standard experience with them and their products but it was my experience with them.
SMrtn
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take forever to make up my mind and act on some things, but all these positive responses keep affirming an inner compulsion to forget about vintage and other horns and just get the 8335II already.
BraeGrimes
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Xeno II Reply with quote

bebop wrote:
As I said I own a 8345II in lacquer and like it a lot. But, I have never played the 8335II or the 8335RGS II. Is there much difference in sound and blow between my 8345II and a 8335II or a 8335RS?

I just sent you a PM with a link to a comparison chart we use. It's an x-y plot where x=resistance and y=tone. I hope it helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: