• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Edwards X7 Cornet

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
agroovin48

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject: Edwards X-7 cornet Reply with quote

After the last two posts about the X-7, I emailed the Edwards company and this is a copy of the correspondence.

A C wrote:
So, after I started the thread on the X-7 cornet on Trumpet Herald and Brett Getzen joined in to say that he would do what he could to get an X-7 over to Trent Austin to showcase, it looks like you have scrubbed the X-7 from your website. Is it totally defunct now?

Reply:
About 3 years ago we launched the X-7 cornet. Paul Tynan is currently the only person who has an X-7 cornet. Over the next year or so after we released the X-7 we had a few dealers interested in getting one to try out, but the owner never had the factory make any X-7 cornets. To date, we have only made the one Paul Tynan has.

I was recently getting asked quite often about the X-7 so I spoke to Brett about it. He said we have extremely limited manufacturing capabilities since returning after the shutdown last year. Brett is currently choosing to focus production on our high demand line of instruments and unfortunately the X-7 is not one of them.

Since he has no plans to produce the X-7 anytime soon, I had the X-7 removed from the website so it would not be misleading to anyone and I wouldn't get any orders for them.

If and when we do decide to start producing the X-7, it will go back up on the Edwards website.

Lexi Wachtveiti

Edwards Instrument Co.
530 County Road H
Elkhorn, WI 53121
P. 800-562-6838
F. 262-743-1854
www.edwards-instruments.com

Well, there you have it! So much for getting the ball rolling on getting one to Trent Austin for a workout and demo.

Alan Cahill

1933 Conn Victor 80A Cornet
King Legend 2070
Adams A1V2
FatSebastian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Edwards X-7 cornet Reply with quote

agroovin48 wrote:
Paul Tynan is currently the only person who has an X-7 cornet.

Thank you for following up. Paul's own website acknowledges ownership of the X-7, but the Edwards Artist page does not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: