• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Trumpet Secrets - Serial progression?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tptguy
Jerome Callet Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Author
Jerry Freedman
Veteran Member

Posted: 2003-04-12 11:32
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Correct me if I am wrong but the 5 trumpet secrets are techniques to master in a serial progression. In other words, one masters trumpet secret 1, then goes on to 2, 3, 4 and 5. They are not to be mastered in parallel but one at a time, in order. That being said could someone supply a connection between the exercises in the back and the trumpet secrets?

J. Freedman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave Converse
Veteran Member

Posted: 2003-04-15 20:03
Hi Jerry,

I'm sure Kyle will eventually answer your post, but, in the meantime.................................
I sure would have gotten on the right track sooner if the title of the book was "Trumpet STEPS." Yeah, I think most of us are probably better off taking things as you suggest.........one "secret" at a time. In fact, I've benefitted greatlly by backing up to the point where low C has become my focal point. Big, full, reaonant, and well slotted. Moving a lot of air. Then, transfer that down 2 octaves and up 2 octaves, making all the notes ring with the same full volumn and intensity. Seems to prevent me from over-doing one or two of the TS aspects.

I'm suprised more people haven't jumped in on this thread, too. Great post and great queston. Dave C.

tptguy
Heavyweight Member

Posted: 2003-04-17 23:00
Jerry, I wouldn't disagree with Dave because we all need to find our own path to some degree. But, I've always suggested that we "cheat ahead" a little bit. Up until Secret #5, everything works together to build the correct platform. More often than not, an aspect of one tip helps unlock another. Jerry did not give them to me in the final published order And week-to-week or month-to-month, we moved around. Nonetheless, no one can hope to succeed if any one of the first 4 steps is left behind. Best regards, Kyle

Jerry Freedman
Veteran Member

Posted: 2003-04-18 03:47
Thanks, Kyle...You have been very helpful. As Callet says in TS it takes a bit of courage to master TCE. It seems such a radical change from SC ( it really isn't when you think about it) that it is easy for an obsessive type like me ( I'd like to find a trumpet player who isn't obsessive) to get hung up and Callets instructions are compact. I find myself reading the stuff over and over again hanging on every word. As I get it I'll settle down. I hope my questions and your answers are helpful other TCE explorers.

Jerry Freedman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: