• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

KATO Triangle from Brass Sound Creation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kumara999
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject: KATO Triangle from Brass Sound Creation Reply with quote

So in the case with my BSC horn there is a little metal triangle called a KATO triangle - supposed to sit just below the rim of the mouthpiece.

Instructions say that it amplifies resonance and converts the otherwise lost energy of musician into complete sound. Additionally the KATO triangle confers the highest precision and makes playing easier.

Has anyone ever tried one of these? Thoughts? I have never seen or heard of them before.

Heather.
stumac
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing on his site about them, "Amplifies Resonance " sounds to me just buzz words meaning nothing, as an a ex chief of mine would say "B***s*** Baffles Brains" however if you believe it works it just might.

Regards, Stuart.
MrOlds
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound energy radiates in all directions from the whole system not just out the bell.

Lots of things have been tried over time in terms of different alloys, different weights, bracing, add-on weights…

Each have some effect whether it’s reducing total energy loss from the tubing or changing the harmonic content of the sound.

Some of these are more noticeable than others. Some more musically pleasing than others.

Just for amusement, experiment with how tight you set your top and bottom valve caps. And where you set the stop nuts on your third valve rod (if you have one) and how tight or loose you set the screw on your water key/spit valve.

Some people can hear and feel an ideal (for them) way to adjust all these.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: