• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Favorite custom Schilke mouthpiece?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jvf1095
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the 10A4A & the 13A4a, the 10 has a 16.43 diameter cup & the 13 is 16.76. However, can anyone tell me if the 10 is shallower than the 13? Thanks!!!
Christian K. Peters
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:46 pm    Post subject: favorite Schilke mouthpieces Reply with quote

Hello all,
The pandemic created a chance for me to acclimate to a Schilke 14 as I got back into my Charlier book. I had already been using a 14B for big band work. I thought it might be too wide, so I got a 13B and it felt way to narrow. I did not think that it should be worlds apart in width, but my face really noticed it. So, for now the 14 and 14B are my favs. I did pick up a Schilke 2 a few years ago. Too big for me. I think it may be a Bach 2 copy???? If anybody knows, chime in.
I also have an 11Ax and 11Bx I use for picc and a 13B that seems to work on my Eb soprano pretty well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: