• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Kenosha WI Martin Trumpet...Better than I expected!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
supportlivejazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received a Kenosha made Martin T 3260 model trumpet, about 456-58 bore. I have a 1946 Martin Committee M bore in great shape and I have owned a new Red and Gold engraved Martin Commitee 460 bore... Here are my thoughts. I love the 1946 for all the reasons that everyone else loves the early Martin Committees. The red one I sold immediately. It was amazing to look at but not much to play and it was very poorly made, caps and threads thin and poorly machined, light weight and just did not feel substantial and dureable in many areas. Now, the Kenosha sn89xxxx, in silver plate. Nice plating. Heavy weight like my '46. Valve caps are interchangeable with my '46. The valves are longer. The third valve and first valve slides are reversed...thumb saddle on the first. The main tuning slide/leadpipe is not reversed and has a slide brace. The main braces are similar to Bach type. The bell taper is slower than my old Committee, but not that much as it swallows up my Harmon Wahwah almost as much. Nice valves, nice weight and plays darker than I thought it would being a newer design. Not quite as dark as the '46 Committee, but ....I believe these horns were a transitional design, somwhere between the old Committee design and the new one. I am convinced they are better made than the current Martin Committees. And, it cost me 1/3 to 1/4 what my 1946 is worth and what the engraved new deluxe red one goes for. I LIKE IT!!! Any other input always appreciated. kpb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: