• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

For all of the Conn Vintage One Trumpet Owners

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVintageOne

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject: For all of the Conn Vintage One Trumpet Owners Reply with quote

I have a new Conn V1 being shipped to me at the time this post. In the pictures I noted that the 1st and 3rd valve casings are stamped with a 1 and a 3, with the middle casing showing the serial number.

At first, I thought this was unique because my current V1 (2006) does not have the 1st and 3rd stamps on the valve casing. Then I started looking at other used V1s available on the marketplace and noticed that all of them also have the 1st and 3rd stamp.

So, I was wondering for those in our community who own their own V1..what year is yours and do you have the 1st and 3rd valve stamped?

Is this a super important inquiry? No. Am I still curious? Yes. Do I love researching Conn V1s and love mine? Yes.

So, If you are curious like me, please add to this thread.

P.S. I cannot tell if the instructions for finding the year on Conn's website is correct "From 1987 to present, add 50 to the serial number prefix to calculate the year of manufacture." I emailed Conn and they let me know my trumpet 148XXX is from 2006. I called them today and asked about the trumpet I have in transit 781XXX and they lady I spoke with said 2000 (I may call again to re-verify that...) Do the instructions work for your serial number to give the year of manufacture?

Conn Vintage One 1b-46
F. Besson International
Olds Ambassador
romajore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a 1B-46 serial number 942436. Not sure what year it was made as I purchased it used on TH. It has has the 1 and 3 on the valves. Also, it has a 36 stamped on the bottom of all the slides. Last 2 digits of serial number?

I would be interested in learning more about how to date these horns based on serial numbers and the different leadpipe and bell configurations.
Thanks
TheVintageOne

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply! I never made connection between the two digits on the slides and the last two on the serial number. I checked both of my V1s and can very the same thing.

I did call Conn and double checked the 781xxx for the date and they verified it is from 2000. So I don't think the instructions to add 50 to the prefix are valid on these.

At this moment, I think the best bet to date them are to call directly - (574) 522-1675

Conn Vintage One 1b-46
F. Besson International
Olds Ambassador
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: