• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Al Cass corrosion?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PMonteiro
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Al Cass corrosion? Reply with quote

Crazy Finn wrote:
The main thing is that it's very thin and tends to evaporate quickly. If you've got worn valves - like on my Yamaha - it's completely ineffective.

This is interesting because my Blessing's valves are very worn and leak like a sieve yet Al Cass works the best on them and lasts a long time between applications. Heavier oils cause the valve action to slow down. Not disputing what you said, my one experience just doesn't seem to make sense.

JeffT453 wrote:
Yeah the bottle of Bach Synthetic the horn came with had the child proof cap. Was annoying

Unpopular opinion, but I use regular Bach (non-synthetic) on my B flats and I like how the cap gives an extra sense of security in that it won't unscrew and spill oil inside the case. It's annoying at first but it's not hard to get used to.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Al Cass corrosion? Reply with quote

PMonteiro wrote:
JeffT453 wrote:
Yeah the bottle of Bach Synthetic the horn came with had the child proof cap. Was annoying

Unpopular opinion, but I use regular Bach (non-synthetic) on my B flats and I like how the cap gives an extra sense of security in that it won't unscrew and spill oil inside the case. It's annoying at first but it's not hard to get used to.

Not Bach oil specifically, but every time my valve oil leaked in my case I told myself it was conditioner for the case.
RUenvsci

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Al Cass to prevent corrosion by putting in a couple drops into the lead pipe- basically preventative maintenance. I use Hetman’s on the valves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: