• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

BB Trumpet Recording with the BLUE YETI Mic.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Blue Yeti Recommended for recording BB Trumpet?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

TrumpetNVC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:57 pm    Post subject: BB Trumpet Recording with the BLUE YETI Mic..... Reply with quote

Please Help as I am bleeding from the ears everytime I use this record my trumpet.

There are numerous clicks, pops and among other things the recording comes out way to loud not matter how far i am away fromt he mic. I have tested it from 1 in to 75 feet from the mic and nothing has helped me in getting the sound record the way I think it should be. Great..........

I have recorded in an auditorium that is designed for concert bands, and Orchestras, and the recordings are still way to loud and cuts off the sound no matter what i do.................

I am ready to through this thing in the trash, any advice would be greatly appreciated..... As I would like to be close to the mic as every other recording i see.

Much Respect
jazzvuu
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Yeti to record and get okay results. The first thing I would check if you are getting no change in the result of recording no matter the distance is that you are in fact recording through the Yeti microphone on the computer it is connected. Sometimes you have to make sure windows has it set up as the primary mic source and not a web camera or some other mic on the device (assuming you are on PC. I assume there is a similar setting for Mac). Second is the setting on the back of the Yeti. Adjust the gain to near bottom as trumpet is loud. I keep my set on the heart shape setting that focuses receiving sound from the front. Lastly, I do not play pointing to the microphone but off at an angle. You can always adjust input levels in Audacity if you are using that to record strict audio.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: