• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

ACB Custom Reserve Mouthpieces

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeffTheHornGuy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:00 am    Post subject: ACB Custom Reserve Mouthpieces Reply with quote

Has anyone tried one of the New Austin Custom Brass "Custom Reserve" mouthpieces? I've been playing Trent's mouthpieces for nearly a decade now, and his new mouthpiece line has piqued my interest. These mouthpieces are one of the few examples where I can hear an obvious difference in his comparison videos, so there's definitely evidence that the design is very different. Obviously these mouthpieces are expensive, so I'd love to hear if anyone has comparisons between their original ACB mouthpieces and the new Custom Reserve line.
Custom Lawler C7
Electronic music producer
raynjtrumpet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't found it yet, you should take a look at this thread:

https://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=159672

The comparison there is between the ACB MV3C and the new Custom Reserve 2+.

I have CR 1.25+ on order, and am hoping I may receive it in the next week or so, but the entire ACB inventory of Custom Reserve pieces went to ITG last week, and it seems there is some delay in unpacking the ones that weren't sold and correcting the inventory, so I'm not sure exactly when mine may ship. I do have an ACB MV3C piece in gold plate, so I should be able at some point to give you an assessment of how they compare at one size larger than the piece reviewed in the link above. I debated which size to order, but decided to go with the 1.25+, just because it's the closest to what I've played for most of the past year.
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is purely subjective. I have no idea how they play and that may be a tie breaker for some. I go for the tone first and if I don't get the tone I'm looking for, I don't look any further, regardless.

Having said that, I hear the Reserve mouthpieces as more compact and a little tinny when compared to his stock mouthpieces. So, for me, sexy but no added value.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
puzzleheadedcow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a TAZ+ and it's ridonculous everything is better on it than my previous mouthpieces which I have had a few. The sound on it is huge.

I am saving up for a 2+ as originally I was going to get that one but I need to stash some gig bread away first.

-PHC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: