• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Help on this Weril horn

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMartiniMixer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:52 am    Post subject: Help on this Weril horn Reply with quote

Hello fellow trumpet cohorts

I recently came across a music shop that was closing and they had an unsold Weril trumpet for about US$350 and since I needed a backup horn, I was thinking why not. However, the shop keeper barely knows anything about the horn other than it's been sitting in the warehouse for 20 years and thinks it's probably a beginner horn for students.

Anyway, I know nothing about this brand of trumpet (other than it's made in Brazil) and just wanted to see if anyone here knows any basic info on this horn. Nothing was coming up in cyberspace too.

The only piece of information I was able to discern from the bell is:-

"Regium Studio ET 8071"

All comments are greatly appreciated! Including the likelihood I probably gotten ripped off hahaha

-Martin
Halflip
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this on Reverb (scroll down a bit to see the ad):

https://reverb.com/au/item/53760641-weril-regium-studio-et8071-bb-trumpet-pre-2000-estimated-clear-brass-lacquer-silver-lacquer

Looks like the music shop is the one that got ripped off.

"He had no concept of the instrument. He was blowing into it." -- Virgil Starkwell's cello teacher in "Take the Money and Run"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: