• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Value of King Liberty Mini Trumpet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KAJSaban

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:38 am    Post subject: Value of King Liberty Mini Trumpet Reply with quote

I inherited a King Liberty Mini Trumpet from my father who's brother died at Pearl Harbor. I am now interested in selling it to someone who would appreciate the instrument. It includes the original trumpet, leather case and mute. In very good condition. Thank you for any help and direction. Pittsburgh, PA.[/img]
Halflip
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several years ago a King Mini Liberty sold on eBay for a little over $4,000. A year or two later, another sold on eBay for around $6,000. Several years have passed since then, and given the current economic climate, it's hard to say whether the average market price has gone up or down. They don't change hands often -- only 100 or so were ever made (some say 50, some say 200).

If the finish and valves are in good shape, that would support the value. There are ways to check the valves to see if they have good compression. Also, if your father's trumpet has extra engraving or is gold plated, or has gold plated areas highlighting the engraving, that would add to the value.

Here is a link to a webpage with more information about the Mini-Liberty, as well as a number of pictures showing examples of the horn:

http://hnwhite.com/Mini%20trumpets.htm

You might get some information on the current value from the owner of that website (there is contact information elsewhere on the site).

Below is an amusing (actually, amazing would be a more appropriate adjective) video I found of Jeff Stockham playing a King Mini-Liberty:

Link

"He had no concept of the instrument. He was blowing into it." -- Virgil Starkwell's cello teacher in "Take the Money and Run"

Last edited by Halflip on Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
KAJSaban

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your advice. I will reach-out to the company to see if there is any interest. In the meantime, I am open to inquiries and offers.
Ken - Pittsburgh.
Halflip
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KAJSaban wrote:
Many thanks for your advice. I will reach-out to the company to see if there is any interest. In the meantime, I am open to inquiries and offers.

If you meant your post here to be an actual "for sale" ad, you should post it in the Trumpet Herald Marketplace. I thought you were looking for advice on valuation.

"He had no concept of the instrument. He was blowing into it." -- Virgil Starkwell's cello teacher in "Take the Money and Run"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: