• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Carnegie Mellon--Anthony Pasquarelli

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richwharton

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand A. Pasquarelli at Carnegie Mellon has instructed many fine players. If you are one of them, please post something about your time spent studying with him. Was he an effective teacher? Is he still?

http://www.cmu.edu/cfa/music/facultyandstaff/
rich
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Fall I had the pleasure of attending a River City Brass (28 pc brass band) concert in Grand Island NE... wow... what a sound. Many of those players have connections with the above mentioned school and teacher.

You can check out their site and background of each player at http://www.rcbb.com
JohnL
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the great good fortune to study with Tony in 1954-55 when he was operating a private studio and not with the University. I was playing with the mouthpiece down to the right and in the red. He said if intended to make a career as a trumpet player I would have get the mouthpiece above the red no matter how slightly. It took a while, but I'm playing successfuly today because of him. I don't know if he is still teaching today. He would probably be in his 80's. He was/is an excellent teacher and a great person.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Pedagogy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: