• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Maurice Andre "Legend"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaTrompeta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject: Maurice Andre "Legend" Reply with quote

I heard a story once, and I wanted to see if I could corroborate some, if not most of it. It goes like this:

Legend has it, that when Maurice Andre was a child, he worked in the coal mines of France. He picked up the cornet and hoped to be able to get out of the mines and have a better life.

Eventually, he auditioned at the Paris Conservatoire. When the professor heard him (I believe it was Sabarich), he told him to get lost and never come back until he could play all the Arban Style Etudes flawlessly. This he later did, without missing a single note, and he then became "Maurice Andre."

A similar story to this is on Wikipedia. The source comes from an ITG article written by Steven Chenette. I know that I read said article, but it's been a very long time now. Does anybody have additional information on this story?
TheHighNotes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So mostly what I have heard, except that it was in fact his wife who essentially said 'Give it a few years of competitions, and if nothing happens, then move on'.

It has been YEARS since I have seen the article. It is an interview he did.
"To have have fun, to learn, to improve. To share my perspective on how to navigate playing the trumpet to the best of my ability. To preserve and champion high art, artistic integrity, and live instrumental music."

-TheHighNotes
TheHighNotes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.maurice-andre.fr/0103chen.pdf

Found it. Enjoy.
"To have have fun, to learn, to improve. To share my perspective on how to navigate playing the trumpet to the best of my ability. To preserve and champion high art, artistic integrity, and live instrumental music."

-TheHighNotes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: