• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Teaching to group

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Welk
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know how to teach a whole section of trumpet ( plus a little Bass section...) I have 4 trumpet ( and 3 bass). We have 1 practice a week (3h on wednesday) and we play on parade every monday. I have one good trumpeter (advanced begginner), 1 not too bad begginner. And two that had just start a couple of weeks ago. for the moment, I work like that:

I have a period o individual practice were I go from one another to help them play there parts( i play it for them ansd ask to reapeat, i play with them, I make them play alone... and tell what is to work on... than lets this person work on that and go see another one). For the brand new player, there is another guy that is helpīng me and who is always with those 2 trying to make them be able to play from low C to C.

After that, we have the whole band try to play the piece together and works on details. And I really encourage to practice 20 min a day home, but I can't do it for them... and sometime they doN,t touch their horn betwin wednesday and the next monday. An idea what suold I do to get them practice more and to optimise my practice time with everyone of them? Just keep in mind that they are child from 12 to 15 (some little older in the drum line) and that they can't first sigh read a piece. THey need to work on most little thing to get the piece good. we only have 3h and there is 1h dedicated to Drill, musical clinic ( teach them thing about instrument: cleaning, how to practice home...) and a 15 minute breack include in that hour. so 2h to musical playing. Thanks!

52' Olds Recording LA
Wick gold 4X

-=0=-Music is what gives us the beat, but it is also what makes beat our heart -=0=-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Pedagogy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: