• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Where are the other ones ? ;)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jicetp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:14 pm    Post subject: Where are the other ones ? ;) Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Warm Up #57 is cool but what happened to the previous 56 ?
And the maybe-not-conceived later ones ?
I try and put together a personal Warm Up, being inspired by #57, Focal Point and Warm Up Magic by Rich.

As I think about it, my Focal Set Point I work on lately is G top of the staff.
Low range was hard to get, but I am slowly beginning to have it.
I mean when 'practicing' : set, play a G and then proceed with the exercise, low range is not at its best.
When playing and forgetting about the G, its fine ( I think )
Is it too ' high' a Set Point ? I know I should have the answer but whats your journey ? I typically am single minded and tend to overuse anything that I think might benefit me....

Thanks for your input

JiCe
JoshMizruchi
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great question!

I wondered this myself, and asked one of the Reinhardt teachers this (Chris?). He told me that it was called this not because there were 56 other warm ups as intuition would tell you, but it was in fact an allusion to Heinz ketchup, as in, “Heinz 57 Varieties.” This is because this warm up has a little bit of everything.

There definitely have to be 56 (and plenty more) other Reinhardt routines out there. They would not all be warm ups, though.

Regarding the beginning note, as long as it’s not hurting you, that’s totally fine. As long as it’s helping you play better and feels right, it’s no problem.
Doug Elliott
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At times in development it's useful to change your starting note occasionally. If G is leaving you feeling set too high, try E or C. Or you can also set as if playing a G, but then start on a lower note.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: