• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Sheet music for picc and organ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
btomcik

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:20 am    Post subject: Sheet music for picc and organ Reply with quote

Hi. Wondering if anyone could point me in a direction to find arrangements of sacred music for piccolo trumpet and organ. I find all sorts of sonatas, concertos, and the like on sheetmusicplus, but when it comes to traditional church hymns, not so much. Thanks.
XO 1700 Bb/A picc
"Hit it hard, and wish it well." - CG
Riojazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often scan in hymns and write descants for piccolo trumpet. But my go-to book for special events is The Wedding Book for Organ and One or Two Trumpets by Chuck Seipp. CJ Seipp Music Productions, 135 Campfield Lane, Winchester VA 22602

I just ordered a spare this summer, so it must still be in print. Parts for one trumpet, sometimes two, and in many cases, piccolo trumpet.
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number of the Wallace-Head books that have picc-suitable pieces.
Craig Swartz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don Herman rev2 wrote:
There are a number of the Wallace-Head books that have picc-suitable pieces.

Essential stuff if you play weddings, funerals and normal church functions. I believe I have 3 of their books, cover everything from traditional processionals to Ave Maria and back again.

One thing Sue Wallace chose to do that I've had organists comment on: In some tunes like Prince of Denmark, she actually writes out the trills in the melody rather than just score them as trills. Not so in the trumpet part.

I believe all parts are in Bb with many also transposed to D, making it a snap on Pic in A. Well worth the price for the library and you can pay for them in one good wedding.
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of wedding books, another for Easter, and a fourth for Christmas IIRC. My collection is at home, and I am not, alas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: