• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New Compositon for Solo Trumpet: Would Anyone Like to Play?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
levets

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject: New Compositon for Solo Trumpet: Would Anyone Like to Play? Reply with quote

Hello all,

I hope this is allowed and hope this is the right place to post.

I've written a solo Trumpet piece and am looking for someone to play and ideally, record it for me.

The piece is short, about 3 minutes but a slow tempo, so not a lot of notes

It's not technically difficult in terms of "note-y-ness" and is mostly diatonic except for a more chromatic passage in the middle.

The rhythms are simple - quarter notes are the fastest note values! - but...

The challenge is more in the slow tempo, longer notes, and range (D above the staff, and high passages up around C).

So it's a slow, stately, maybe bittersweet, longing, or similar "proclamation" or "announcement" or dare I say "herald" kind of thing, not unlike a slow Bugle Call or something like that, for lack of a better description.

New to the forum so not sure if I can just attach it here, but if you're interested, please let me know and I'll get a PDF to you via email, google drive, or something like that.

Thanks! [/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: