• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Testing Kessler Custom Bb's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Scodwell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:43 am    Post subject: Testing Kessler Custom Bb's Reply with quote

I work with Kessler and Sons Music here in Las Vegas and I play test all the new Kessler Custom Bb's they receive from Carol Brass. I had input into the design and play test each horn to decide if any "adjustments" are needed. I have found amazing consistency with these horns and virtually every trumpet is one I could take to work. Most popular is silver-plated with some in clear lacquer, which to my taste is preferred because it shows the beautiful color of the rose bell and sterling leadpipe. Packaged in a Pro-Tec single case the retail price is on the low side of where a horn of this caliber belongs and believe me, they play at the top level. The silver plated horns are not necessarily brighter than the clear lacquered ones and as I said, any pro would be delighted with these fine instruments. Go to their website for more information.

Tony Scodwell
www.scodwellusa.com
donovan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carol Brass makes a truly impressive instrument, and nearly any price. They aren’t just good for the money - they are just good.
JonathanM
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Kessler horns, I wonder what the bell metal is? Carol uses their Standard weight bell, Thin weight, and on a few horns they have a Medium weight bell. I don’t see that info on the Kessler site. Tony?
Puje: American Belle
Cornet: Olds Recording & Super
Tony Scodwell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:35 am    Post subject: Kessler Custom bell weight Reply with quote

That's something I do not know but I will say, does it matter? They play great and these details are not important to me.

Tony Scodwell

www.scodwellusa.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: