• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Eclipse no longer tuning bell style?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ldwoods
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:19 pm    Post subject: Eclipse no longer tuning bell style? Reply with quote

I had an early Eclipse Bb years ago and generally like it, but moved it along as I was buying and trying a variety of different trumpets.

I saw a new listing in the Marketplace and it showed the tuning bell model as I was familiar with years ago. I went to the Eclipse site and see that they no longer make a tuning bell trumpet?

Curious why and when they stopped making the tuning bell model?
dstpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Eclipse no longer tuning bell style? Reply with quote

ldwoods wrote:
I had an early Eclipse Bb years ago and generally like it, but moved it along as I was buying and trying a variety of different trumpets.

I saw a new listing in the Marketplace and it showed the tuning bell model as I was familiar with years ago. I went to the Eclipse site and see that they no longer make a tuning bell trumpet?

Curious why and when they stopped making the tuning bell model?

Leigh McKinney kept getting responses from players who really liked his product, but that they had a hard time (or were "given" a hard time) due to the appearance. He and co-owner/worker Carl Skinner decided to make their builds in more of what is now considered with the "traditional" design of Bach, Yamaha, and most others, I guess you could say.

The only exception is the Enigma Bb model, which has a Changeable Leadpipe System (CLS). I have two of these with different bells and pretty much all of the leadpipes. Great players!...as is the Fusion model that I'm currently selling. It has a 2O (2 Open) leadpipe and plays very similarly to my other two that I felt it was best to sell. I might be selling one of the others as well soon.

I don't know the year they made the change in design from the tunable bell design to the more traditional look, but I think it may have been the early 2010s...2011-2013 or so? Don Cornelius at BrawBrass.com is a U.S. Eclipse dealer and should have the answers.
ldwoods
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@dspt thanks for the info, good luck with the sale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: