• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Does any one use these Trumpets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bach Man 1X
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does any one use the Benge 3X PLUS SP , King Silver Fair , or Conn vintage one in a classical setting . If So how do you feel abou them. Then how do they blend with Bach strads. Are they just as good are what
Jazz:
Bb: Conn Vintage One (1BR)
Flugel: Kanstul 1525 (Signature)
Bach Megatone 1-1/4C
Bach Screw Rim 5B/ Cup
Bach FL 1-1/4C
gustav
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Conn V1 will blend with a Bach. The silver flair is a great horn made for solo/lead work. The Benge's before Umi that blended with Bach's were the 3X not the 3X plus. The 3 X plus is a brighter horn. Hope this helps.
TimBrown
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I play a 1970 Burbank Benge 3x+ (#8280). I owned a 1969 laquer strad 37 before that, which my parents bought for me in 1970. The sound on my silver Benge is brighter than the strad, which is no real surprise, to my understanding. It also plays much easier. It's simply less stuffy than my Bach was. The sound also doesn't break up as it did on my Bach.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not out to bash Bach horns...some people prefer the stuffy feel to help center notes...I just don't care for them having tried something else....and some Bach horns are better than others. I got the Benge last February (won it on ebay on my birthday!) and wouldn't go back.

As far as blending, I can't do you much good there, although I'd imagine you could get it to blend if you wanted to. You'd just have to hold back more....it's a louder horn!

I hope this helps!

Tim
oneeyedhobbit
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Vintage One with a sterling bell in a classical setting (a wind ensemble) and am able to blend with the section (9 trumpets, 6/9 are Bachs, 1/9 V1, 1/9 a Xeno, 1/9 and Olds Ambassador). No problems from any of them, really. You would be surprised how much a mouthpiece will affect your sound.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: