• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Recommendation for a Trumpet Case

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptPat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:20 pm    Post subject: Recommendation for a Trumpet Case Reply with quote

The hard case that came with my trumpet does not have enough room to accommodate a stand, mutes, notebooks, some music, etc. So I’m looking for a case that will eliminate the need to bring along a second bag. I prefer something with rigid/semi-rigid construction, something that offers excellent instrument protection.
Dale Proctor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at a ProTec iPac double case. One slot for the trumpet, the other for mutes, valve oil, trumpet stand, etc.
stuartissimo
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second that.

Or if you want something smaller, the JPro 851 double trumpet case. Padding is a little thinner, and it has no shoulder band, but it’s almost the size of a single case (and it has backpack straps).
1939 Buescher 280 flugelhorn
AR Resonance mpc
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Protec PRO PAC Rectangular case has room for a trumpet, 3-4 mutes and a trumpet stand inside the case. There is a zippered pocket on the case (17"x10") for notebooks and music (minus the music folder).

Protec quality is excellent. I use a Protec PRO PAC Contoured case when I need one horn or a Propac IPAC Double case when I need two, and a MyMute Bag as my alternative to one case that holds everything.
CaptPat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking at the ProTec PRO PAC case but haven't pulled the trigger yet as the support for the trumpet seems lacking -- at least from the YouTube vids I've looked at.
jengstrom
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The contoured PRO PAC case is excellent. I use mine all the time when I’m only taking one horn.

My only beef with Protec (and I have several) is the plastic mouthpiece holders. They leave a mark on some mouthpieces. I carry my Monette mouthpieces in a separate case and tuck that case in the storage pocket of the trumpet case. The mouthpiece locations in the old Bach cases were upholstered. I wish Protec would wise up about that.

John
Yamaha YTR-761 D/Eb
Kanstul 1525
Bach 196 picc
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever the case, make sure you get one with wheels. From the looks of your inventory, you're going to need them.

Adams A-9 Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Getzen Capri Cornet (for sale).
Lawler Bb
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but I recommend the Gard Elite Triple case.

My everyday setup is Bb, C, piccolo, three stands, 4 mouthpieces, small bag of oil/grease/junk, earplugs, iPad, business cards, and extra room for other stuff as needed.

My alternate setup is Bb, flugel, two stands, mouthpieces, bag of oil/grease/etc., earplugs, iPad, business cards, mutes, mic, plexiglass, and extra room for a few other things.

I have been doing a "teaching setup" lately, which is Bb & piccolo or Bb and C plus stands, mouthpieces, oil/grease bag, drumsticks, practice pad, music folder, & lunch.

I've also done Bb, C, flugel, piccolo, stands for all, mouthpieces, oil/grease bag, iPad, etc.

Some people cram 5 horns in these cases. They are quite protective, lightweight, and well made. I use two "tacos" with mine.
www.instagram.com/milwaukeetrumpet/
CaptPat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a Pro Tec PRO PAC and will give that a try. I failed to mention that I wanted to be able to include my iPad PRO and that turned out to be a big factor. If I'm not happy with the Pro Tec I'll give the GARD Triple a try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: