• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Tom Hooten's Embosure

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mariahatwood

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 10:55 am    Post subject: Tom Hooten's Embosure Reply with quote

Hey all!

I recently purchased Tom Hooten's Embosure, and I've had a lot of positive outcomes so far! So far I've done a lot of long tones, Stamp, etc on it and I've noticed a significant improvement in tongue placement and compression. My overall tone has improved as well, but most of all, ease and efficiency have significantly improved. Has anyone else tried it consistently, and what have you noticed if so?
JayKosta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not used the Embosure device, but have watched several of Hooten's videos about it, and participated in his Embosure Zoom sessions.

I think that a major benefit of the device is that it can help the user to really focus their attention on the 'basic mechanics' of what they are really doing with embouchure and breath. Getting best results from that does require the user to have a good understanding and physical feeling of what are 'good mechanics' - and that can be the difficult part, and where the guidance of a good teacher might be needed.

I think the device is mostly a 'skill builder', and not as much a 'strength builder' - learning the 'proper' skills and making them habitual is what leads to improvement.

info here - https://embosure.com/
and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aJlrXW9Mxw
Oh ya, watch the conductor - they set what is 'on time'.
ericmpena
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve had mine for a few months now. I don’t use it daily, but it’s a great all-in-one tool to keep on my desk.

Prior to the Embosure, I had a PETE, visualizer, and small coffee straws to put in my mouthpiece. The Embosure replaces all of those and enhances on what the PETE can do since you can blow air while exercising those muscles.

I think it’s a good investment if you’re someone who finds your embouchure not being as strong and consistent as you’d like.

The product is a little expensive, but so is going on a mouthpiece safari instead of focusing on building a better embouchure foundation.

Playing wise, I’ve seen good results from me using it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: