• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

c trumpet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unkoman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the benefit playing a c trumpet? Most of my trumpet teachers play it so Im just wondering.
tcutrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a good place to check is in the archives. A lot of posts have been made about C trumpets.

C trumpet is the main instrument in nearly all American orchestras. C trumpets have a sound that is a bit more brilliant than a B-flat horn and they cut through an orchestra very well. They also make transposing to many different keys easier than on B-flat. Personally, I love playing C because I just feel more secure on it, especially in the upper register. To me, it has more defined "slots" that lock notes into place and help me feel more confident.

These are just some of the benefits of the C trumpet. I'm sure others will chime in with more information.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
romey1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally speaking, the C trumpet gives you more flexibility.

romey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: