• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

One Stubborn Note...

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert P
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fitzy64 wrote:
Robert P wrote:
I'm curious, why the odd pitch pattern going up to the G?

You've got other issues besides worrying about the high A - from what I see you don't have the G down solid yet. You're kind of squeezing your way up to it but you don't own it.

Can you:

1. Play a clean two octave G major scale up and down starting from second line G on the staff to G over high C then back down with a solid, non-brittle sound throughout?

Etc.

Thought it would be best to just record another video.

Good job - you're in the ballpark and you recognize where things could be smoother which is absolutely in your favor. As with anything else work on jumping through these particular hoops as slowly as you need to do them cleanly.

Another element is being able to use a note melodically. Here's another thing to try - it's simple enough that I'm sure you can work it out by ear. It's a piece of a tune called "The Man With The Horn" in F. First note is a third space C.

C - C - C#- C# - D - D - F - high C - A - G - A etc.

I touch on the G twice. No fancy production, just recorded it with a Tascam portable recorder. Like your video it's recorded on the hot side so you might want to lower the volume a bit.

I recommend checking out the Harry James recording from 1947 - fantastic, lush arrangement. It's more of a sax feature but Harry takes a nice solo on it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19GUNqsIZZMsz0oHTP7jOtCQkA-BxuIba/view?usp=sharing
Bundy
Chinese C

Getzen Eterna Bb/A piccolo
Chinese Rotary Bb/A piccolo

Chinese Flugel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: