• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Pleasant Surprise: Thebrassclub.com

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retiredtrumpeter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:13 am    Post subject: Pleasant Surprise: Thebrassclub.com Reply with quote

Hey fellow trumpet enthusiasts,

Just made this account to spread some love about Thebrassclub.com. Over the past few months, they've become my go-to.

Scored an incredible trumpet from Asia that's been a game changer for me. Also snagged some mutes from Europe that have really elevated my sound. The accessories? Top-notch. Every package that's shown up at my California doorstep has been a treat.

Already eyeing a case on their site to order next week. Navigating through their offerings is super easy, and the variety is seriously impressive.

If you're looking for some solid brass gear, I'd say give Thebrassclub.com a shot. It’s been a win for me.

Happy playing, everyone! 🎺
Ronnman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retiredtrumpeter - What brand and model horn did you acquire? How about posting some pics and a video of you playing the horn.
Thanks,
Ron
Martin Committee #2 1954
Leblanc “Al Hirt” Model 1966
Olds Custom Crafted Ultra Sonic 1974
Edwards Gen II 2014
Croquethed
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda like clockwork
poketrum
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was your incredible trumpet scored from Asia in-stock or made to order?

What was the wait time?

Could availability be determined from navigating through the offerings on the web site or did you have to ask? If you had to ask, did you call the 917 area code (New York City) phone number?

Were your payments for purchases submitted to the entity in Wyoming or elsewhere?

Did you receiving tracking information from Brassclub, the manufacturer or some other entity?

Were you paid for your sincere testimonial?
Retiredtrumpeter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnman wrote:
Retiredtrumpeter - What brand and model horn did you acquire? How about posting some pics and a video of you playing the horn.
Thanks,
Ron

I ceased my intense playing sessions after retiring years back. Now in my 80s, I primarily play for the enjoyment of my grandkids. I've acquired a Carol Brass trumpet, which complements the older Bachs and other instruments I possess.
Retiredtrumpeter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poketrum wrote:
Was your incredible trumpet scored from Asia in-stock or made to order?

What was the wait time?

Could availability be determined from navigating through the offerings on the web site or did you have to ask? If you had to ask, did you call the 917 area code (New York City) phone number?

Were your payments for purchases submitted to the entity in Wyoming or elsewhere?

Did you receiving tracking information from Brassclub, the manufacturer or some other entity?

Were you paid for your sincere testimonial?

I purchased the trumpet directly online, and it was delivered to my doorstep within 3-4 weeks. I'm uncertain about the specifics of whether it was in-stock or made to order.

The European mutes I ordered took about 2 weeks to arrive. The Carol brass, on the other hand, arrived in 3-4 weeks.

The website was user-friendly, and I could easily navigate through the offerings without any external assistance. I didn't find the need to contact anyone regarding availability.

I believe the payments went to an entity in Wyoming but I completed the transaction via PayPal.

Yes, I received tracking information for every item I purchased.

I have not received any compensation for my testimonial. My interaction with Brassclub has been smooth, involving simple online purchases and home deliveries. That said, I wouldn't mind a discount on my next order from Brassclub as a token of appreciation!
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tossed this around since the first thread about these folks and I keep coming up with the same question - what's wrong with an enterprising person buying and reselling goods and services? Don't those of us who buy and resell horns do the same thing? If s/he gives good service and doesn't cheat anybody, why shouldn't they do what they can to get a business going? Everybody's got to start someplace.

Is there too much hyperbole in their advertising? For me, yes. But I'm not sure how I would balance trying to attract interest in my service without bending to a bit of hyperbola, myself. It seems to be the American way.

If one doesn't want to use their services, just don't. I'm turned off by their hyperbole and I am willing to see it in another light. It's just that, at the moment, I can't.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn

Last edited by kehaulani on Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
poketrum
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kehaulani wrote:
I've tossed this around since the first thread about these folks and I keep coming up with the same question - what's wrong with an enterprising person buying and reselling goods and services? Don't those of us who buy and resell horns do the same thing?

No. We presumably stock what we sell.

My local brass instrument shop maintains inventory, provides repairs & modifications and can place special orders. They have an excellent reputation and contribute to the local economy as well as the brass community at-large.

An online shop that I frequent operates out of a legitimate business address and maintains inventory. They recently placed a custom order for me and will provide after sale service, if needed. I received expert advice prior to making my purchase.

No shill marketing. No spamming forum marketplaces.

Drop-shipping is an alternative retail business model:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_shipping
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What difference does it make to the customer if the merchant has full or empty shelves, as long as they deliver the goods?

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
poketrum
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The watch enthusiast community, generally a picky bunch, is fond of the phrase ‘buy the seller.’ Reputation, expertise, a proven track record and aftermarket service are all important. Drop-shippers have none of that.

Last edited by poketrum on Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Ronnman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I ceased my intense playing sessions after retiring years back. Now in my 80s, I primarily play for the enjoyment of my grandkids. I've acquired a Carol Brass trumpet, which complements the older Bachs and other instruments I possess.

Retiredtrumpeter - which Carol Brass model did you buy? I would still like to see some pics of the horn and mutes you purchased for comparison.

I’m also curious why you put your post in the Orcchestral/Chamber Music/Solo section of the TH forum? This seems like it would be more appropriate in the Lounge or Horns section.
Ron
Martin Committee #2 1954
Edwards Gen II 2014
Goby
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kehaulani wrote:
what's wrong with an enterprising person buying and reselling goods and services? Don't those of us who buy and resell horns do the same thing?

There's nothing wrong with buying and selling goods, the issue is selling goods that you do not own. It's not illegal to operate a drop shipping business, just parasitic.

It's worth mentioning that posting fake reviews is illegal under US Code Title 15 § 45. You can report instances of fake reviews on 3rd party sites here: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/

It's a shame to see TrumpetHerald accepting sponsorship payment from this seller despite the blatant use of this platform to post fake reviews and spam. The conflict of interest should be clear to the administrators of this site, and I would hope that they drop this sponsor from their platform.
Croquethed
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say with certainty it's a fake review, but IIRC, this is the second such review within a few months in which fulsome praise for the merchant is the subject of a very first post. Not "Hi, I'm starting up again after x years" or "I am looking for some advice on buying a horn for my child."

That a first post is gushing with praise for one particular merchant and that more than one of these happens is just a tad off from the normal run of conversation.

Color me skeptical, but on the "turn on or turn off" spectrum, it's a decided negative.
Quadstriker
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good. Another "Brassclub" advertisement from a user with no prior posts.

Their whole act has become very tiresome.
Flueskum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone in Finland, it's been tough to source quality brass or accessories. But, Thebrassclub.com has been a game-changer for me and few colleagues.

Their selection is impressive, and the convenience of getting items delivered to my door is unmatched. The communication with their team has also been top-notch, responsive, and helpful. Many others stores in N-America who don't ship to my address but have everything in stock (!)

Dropshipping skeptics should consider its environmental benefits—less transit and storage, hence a lower carbon footprint. Plus, receiving an instrument that's fresh from the maker and made with care is truly special.

In our evolving market, innovative models like dropshipping bring valuable options for us in remote locations. It's about accessibility and connecting passionate players with the right instruments, sustainably.

Best,
Ronnman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flueskum - What brand and model horn did you acquire? To prove a point, how about posting some pics (with a printout of this post) and a video of you playing the horn.
Thanks,
Ron
Martin Committee #2 1954
Edwards Gen II 2014
trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps someday there will be a Brass Club "testimonial" with a real name attached to it.

Until then, it seems to me that all the "testimonials" appear to be written by the same person.

Jeff
Mike Sailors
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetteacher1 wrote:
Perhaps someday there will be a Brass Club "testimonial" with a real name attached to it.

Until then, it seems to me that all the "testimonials" appear to be written by the same person.

Jeff

Yes . . . a real testimonial would be a real "game changer".
puzzleheadedcow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetteacher1 wrote:

Jeff

Until I actually see someone that actually Joined the "club" for real in person I wouldn't spend one euro there!

PHC
poketrum
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flueskum wrote:
As someone in Finland, it's been tough to source quality brass or accessories. But, Thebrassclub.com has been a game-changer for me and few colleagues.

Their selection is impressive, and the convenience of getting items delivered to my door is unmatched. The communication with their team has also been top-notch, responsive, and helpful. Many others stores in N-America who don't ship to my address but have everything in stock (!)

Dropshipping skeptics should consider its environmental benefits—less transit and storage, hence a lower carbon footprint. Plus, receiving an instrument that's fresh from the maker and made with care is truly special.

In our evolving market, innovative models like dropshipping bring valuable options for us in remote locations. It's about accessibility and connecting passionate players with the right instruments, sustainably.

Best,

What a load of nonsense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: