• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

V-Raptor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krafty934
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,
Anybody have info on these horns? My teacher has one and I will be trying it out during our first lesson!!! So, I just wanted some info you know. I read that these are really good horns for jazz and lead and all that other good stuff, but will I be able to also use them in a symphonic band setting? How well do the blend with the other trumpets and how is their intonation, slotting, upper register/lower register, etc? Thanks for all the help!

Kaushik
_FELIX C
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friend;
Thr V raptor Is a horns designed bettween Bob Reeves, An expert of valve alignment and tremendous Trumpet moutpieces designer. Itsa copy of a Bach Trumpet> wich Exactly I think to a 72 Model. This trumepts are manufactured in Spain By Stomvi instruments.
You can found more information at:
http://www.bobreeves.com/brassspa/vr/

Thanks and Blessings
Benge 3X+
Benge 3 Flugelhorn
Schilke 14F4
I use my Personal Blend of Valve Oil
Trptbenge
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!

I was looking at the website and two things struck me. First Felix, I think the V-Raptor design team has probably taken the horn beyond any Bach. it has a Polybore (4 different bores at different places throughout the horn) and I checked out the links to the Cd's. I know that Jim Manley now plays a Raptor and I was listening to the cuts from his new CD. He is unbelievable. I have his Lip trip CD and am amazed by it everytime I hear it. He switched from a 6310Z to a Raptor and I think has bigger (if that's possible) sound. I have been lucky to try many horns but have not tried a Raptor. I hope I am afforded that opportunity someday.

Mike
_dcstep
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The V-R is a great horn, kind of like a super well assembled 6310Z, Schilke B6 or Callet Jazz. Of the four, I prefer the V-R, but it's more expensive than all but perhaps the Callet.

I will work in a symphonic section IF you use the right mpc, like a GR66MX, L or LX.

My favorite V-R is the light-weight in gold plate; however, I'd probably order the normal weight in GP if I were doing a lot of symphonic work.

Dave
oneeyedhobbit
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again Kashuik, I think the V-Raptor is too much of a "specialized" sound for a jr/sr high school kid. Stick with something versatile until you know what specific sound you are searching for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Krafty934
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks oneeyedhobbit. I was just wondering what everyone else thought about it. My private teacher plays a lightweight one, so that's why I asked.

[ This Message was edited by: Krafty934 on 2004-01-25 15:09 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: