• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New CD by LA Trumpet Ensemble

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trpt.hick
Rafael Méndez Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:07 pm    Post subject: New CD by LA Trumpet Ensemble Reply with quote

I just listened to the new CD, "Homage," by the Los Angeles Trumpet Ensemble, consisting of Jeff Bunnell, Wayne Bergeron, Jon Lewis, Dan Fornero, Marissa Benedict, Dan Rosenboom, Rob Schar, Larry Hall and Dan Savant. It is AMAZING!

Nineteen tracks with music by Jerry Goldsmith, John Williams, Tutti Camarata, Maynard Ferguson, Bruce Broughton, Clifford Brown, Johnny Mandel, Duke Ellington, and others.

In my opinion, every trumpeter should have this. CDs are available from latrumpetensemble@dslextreme.co or you can also find it on iTunes, Amazon Music, and Bandcamp. You won't be disappointed.

David Hickman
Trombacan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the recommendation, just listened to it. Awesome CD!
SalsaPerico

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard about this new album from "The Other Side of the Bell" podcast. OMG, unfreakingbelievable! I pray to God they are able to do live performances. It would be as life changing as seeing The National Brass Ensemble.
Rogerrr
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fantastic...just listened to "Give it one"...we played that in high school and got to perform it when we opened for Maynard when he played at our school...we thought we played it pretty well...then Maynard's band comes out and plays it like twice as fast...and the trumpets were just incredible
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Recordings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: