• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Horn Band Transcriber/Arranger for hire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trane1959
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:21 am    Post subject: Horn Band Transcriber/Arranger for hire Reply with quote

Hi everybody. If you run or play in a band with a horn section and are looking to either step up your bands game or are already doing great but need help getting organized with the horn chart writing, give me a shout. I've written charts for 50+ bands and have done 1000+ charts over the last decade that have been played by famous artists on TV and for recordings and live concerts. Recent projects include transcriptions for the world famous Vine Street Horns, Big Band orchestrations of Chicago songs for Danny Seraphine and the Buddy Rich Big Band, eight horn part transcriptions for the annual Narada Michael Walden Christmas show, transcribing Jay Webb super fire horn band goodness for DCI, and string compositions of Led Zeppelin classics for Lez Zeppelin. I prefer writing horn chart transcriptions for bands with horn sections that custom fit your band and we can work hand in hand to get to what works best for your bands current needs. I work at a reasonable price and my turn around is very fast. I send out charts as printable PDF's that you can save on your hard drive and email out to band members. I can provide lead sheets too if needed for your rhythm section needs at additional charges. Email me at Trane1959@aol.com for details and/or an example of my work.
RandyTX
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you sell existing transcriptions on a website somewhere, or provide these as one-offs via email when asked? I'm in a horn band that has worked out horn parts internally for years, but if you had a bunch of 'canned' charts for some of the more recent party fare (pretty sure we're covered on all the older pop/motown stuff), it would be great to see what's available.
trane1959
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Randy, I definitely sell existing charts. I do not have a website or even an updated list, I kept one for years, but I got bad at keeping it updated when the volume of charts I was doing got to be too much. Easiest way for me to help you is to shoot me a list of your needs at Trane1959@aol.com, what your instrumentation requirements are, and we can get specific of what I can do to help you, either transcribe newly, edit the orchestration for your needs, or just ship you a chart that has already been used. Happy to work with you.

Mike Rubenstein
trane1959
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
trane1959
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyTX wrote:
Do you sell existing transcriptions on a website somewhere, or provide these as one-offs via email when asked? I'm in a horn band that has worked out horn parts internally for years, but if you had a bunch of 'canned' charts for some of the more recent party fare (pretty sure we're covered on all the older pop/motown stuff), it would be great to see what's available.

Hey Randy, I can't remember if we ever connected but feel free to write me email address and maybe I can work on your horn chart needs for you.
kalijah
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some things from trane1959 for a gig last weekend. He had exactly what I needed for some standard tunes and with the instrumentation required. 6 horns. Quick response and good communications. Highly recommended.
LaTrompeta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're interested in help with your website, send me a PM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: