• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeffHager

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:10 pm    Post subject: New posts show first in thread you composed Reply with quote

Could it be possible to see new posts first by default on forum posts that you yourself composed? Would be an improvement over having to scroll through the entire first page of replies every time you are looking for most recent replies to your posts, yes? Thank you.
Jeff
Bright: Ideas
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: New posts show first in thread you composed Reply with quote

JeffHager wrote:
Could it be possible to see new posts first by default on forum posts that you yourself composed? Would be an improvement over having to scroll through the entire first page of replies every time you are looking for most recent replies to your posts, yes? Thank you.
Jeff

Hi Jeff

I receive an email when when further replies are made on threads I've posted in (I'm not sure whether this is a setting that you need to select), inlcuding threads I've started. I check my emails and view these posts this way. I hope this will help.

Take care and best wishes

Lou
B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Bach Strad 183 - Bach 3CFL
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
JeffHager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: New posts show first in thread you composed Reply with quote

Louise Finch wrote:
JeffHager wrote:
Jeff

Hi Jeff

I receive an email when when further replies are made on threads I've posted in (I'm not sure whether this is a setting that you need to select), inlcuding threads I've started. I check my emails and view these posts this way. I hope this will help.

Lou

Thanks, Lou, seem to remember doing this at one time, but then cancelling that because of the popularity of some of the replies and resulting voluminous thread activity, which is the reason I asked. Appreciate your thought and thanks for replying!
Bright: Ideas
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: New posts show first in thread you composed Reply with quote

JeffHager wrote:
Louise Finch wrote:
JeffHager wrote:
Jeff

Hi Jeff

Lou

Thanks, Lou, seem to remember doing this at one time, but then cancelling that because of the popularity of some of the replies and resulting voluminous thread activity, which is the reason I asked. Appreciate your thought and thanks for replying!

You are very welcome Jeff. My understanding and confirmed by this post on another thread (please see below), is that you will only receive one alert until you open the thread and read the replies, rather than one alert everytime someone replies on the thread, so shouldn't receive numerous notifications for the same thread.

TrumpetMD wrote:
And to answer the OP's specific question, once you miss one alert, TH will not send you further alerts until you open the thread again.

Mike

Personally I like the notifications switched on, as I check my emails throughout the day, and can quickly catch up on the topic and delete the notification. If I haven't got time to catch up on the topic, that one notification email left in my email inbox will remind me to catch up at my convenience, and I can delete it when I have done so.

I hope that this will also help.

Lou
B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Bach Strad 183 - Bach 3CFL
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: