• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Any famous type 2s?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AB baby

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:49 am    Post subject: Any famous type 2s? Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any professional trumpet/brass players that are/were type 2s? I'm just curious to see how they played as I haven't been able to find anyone else with an underbite other than myself.
Doug Elliott
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art Depew had a pretty long jaw and appeared to be upstream. I don't see any pictures that show his teeth. I did a big band cruise that his band was on, so I did see him play quite a bit.

Art played with Lawrence Welk and Harry James, and led one of the two official Harry James bands.
AB baby

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Elliott wrote:
Art Depew had a pretty long jaw and appeared to be upstream. I don't see any pictures that show his teeth. I did a big band cruise that his band was on, so I did see him play quite a bit.

Art played with Lawrence Welk and Harry James, and led one of the two official Harry James bands.

Thanks Doug! I'll check him out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: