• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Torpedo brouhaha

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:45 pm    Post subject: Torpedo brouhaha Reply with quote

A recent thread mentioned Torpedo bags and that got me to thinking about the kickstarter for the carbon fiber cases. Does anybody know how that all ended up?

The idea seemed like a good idea and design but the execution seemed to be more complex/difficult than initially thought.

I hope I don’t start a firestorm. I’m really just curious.
herpderp
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The case in question is still not in production. The website has a list of outdated timelines on the product page. It's still "coming soon". They are collecting orders on the website for the case.

The communication from the owner of the company on the matter has been less than stellar.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

herpderp wrote:
The case in question is still not in production. The website has a list of outdated timelines on the product page. It's still "coming soon". They are collecting orders on the website for the case.

The communication from the owner of the company on the matter has been less than stellar.

100%

That is my biggest disappointment with the whole thing. Steve was a frequent poster on TH prior to things going south. I had a lot of respect for Steve and Torpedo as a result.

Then, as the challenges of creating the case product line grew, Steve posted less and less frequently. This is definitely not surprising since most people would spend more time focusing on money making tasks instead of posting on TH.

From personal experience, and from interactions with employees I have managed, I suspect that the “embarrassment” of missing milestones repeatedly made it difficult to continue to communicate bad news.

I still think that a lightweight, compact, sturdy and quality case would be a big seller in our community.
herpderp
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust is such an important aspect here, and now it's been very publicly communicated across all channels that "we repeatedly don't do what we say".

I agree there is a demand for a product like this but I would be hesitant to purchase or recommend a product from this company at this point in time.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

herpderp wrote:
Trust is such an important aspect here, and now it's been very publicly communicated across all channels that "we repeatedly don't do what we say".

I agree there is a demand for a product like this but I would be hesitant to purchase or recommend a product from this company at this point in time.

I have never owned any of torpedo’s cases, although I do own a Cronkite bag that I purchased before Torpedo bought Glen out.

So I wouldn’t be recommending their products since I have no relevant experience. But if I was consulted by someone who was considering putting a down payment for a case I would definitely share my thoughts on what I know about this and recommend doing some research before risking money.

I believe the old threads are here on TH and in some of them there were posts by dissatisfied investors. Reaching out to them via PM would be a wise step too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: