• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Martin Committee parts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck's Committee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:38 am    Post subject: Martin Committee parts Reply with quote

I wanted to start a conversation about sourcing parts for restoring Martin Committees. I have restored a few Committees in the past 5 years. I have a couple of valves and finger buttons for instance. I would like to buy a Committee top valve cap for personal horn. I also have a 1949 Committee case in good condition. I have played my 1949 Deluxe Committee for 15 years now. I played a B6 Schilke prior to that. I have met Chris Botti on a few occasions, and he signed the '49 that I play at his Richmond concert in 2009. His road manager doesn't let him sign horns any more for the record. Anyway, I digress. Are there others like me that need or have Committee parts? Thanks, Chuck.
1949 Martin Committee Deluxe #2 bore
1951 Martin Committee Deluxe #3 bore
1953 Martin Committee Cornet #2 bore
Do something with every note you play. Sometimes the rests are more important than the notes
chiefgearhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Martin Committee parts Reply with quote

Hi Chuck,

It's aways a pleasure to meet a fellow Committee enthusiast.

The only person I know who's in this bag is Shawn at The Brass Cellar, whom I believe is an active contributor to this esteemed group. I assume you already know him. If not, here's his website.

https://thebrasscellar.com/contact-us/

Regards,
-tj

Chuck's Committee wrote:
I wanted to start a conversation about sourcing parts for restoring Martin Committees. I have restored a few Committees in the past 5 years. I have a couple of valves and finger buttons for instance. I would like to buy a Committee top valve cap for personal horn. I also have a 1949 Committee case in good condition. I have played my 1949 Deluxe Committee for 15 years now. I played a B6 Schilke prior to that. I have met Chris Botti on a few occasions, and he signed the '49 that I play at his Richmond concert in 2009. His road manager doesn't let him sign horns any more for the record. Anyway, I digress. Are there others like me that need or have Committee parts? Thanks, Chuck.

18 Adams F2
In the closet
82 L.A. Benge MLP
71 Bach 37 Stradivarius
69 Courtois flugelhorn
1949 Blessing Artist
84 DEG Dynasty 2v G Bugle
74 Conn Director
Man Of Constant Sorrow
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a guy, Robert Rowe.
He owns, buys, sells, trades, restores, repairs horns ... including Committees. He has parts.
However; good luck in contacting him. He is reclusive.
chickenburger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I would love to talk about it too...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: