• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Brand new Bach 1 1/2c - Fake or copy?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhondo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:05 pm    Post subject: Brand new Bach 1 1/2c - Fake or copy? Reply with quote

Apologies for a similar thread recently posted, but this one is slightly different.

I received a new, sealed in plastic with box- all Bach graphics mouthpiece imprinted with “VINCENT BACH CORP MT VERNON 1-1/2C”. It seems to be somewhat similar in size and a tad different in feel to my old VINCENT BACH CORP. 5C.

I don’t see any Mt Vernon mouthpieces without ‘NY’ on the Bach loyalist website, but then again there don’t appear to be CORP. (with a dot) versions either, which I believe Bach produced.

[img]
[/img]

Last edited by Rhondo on Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Rhondo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it’s possible if it’s fake the seller is unaware, as most of what they sell seem to be garage sale/flea market items unrelated to musical instruments.
abontrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you asking if it is a fake Mt. Vernon Bach mouthpiece or just a fake Bach mouthpiece? The answer is yes.
Rhondo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I was buying a current Bach 1 1/2c they picked up unopened at a garage sale. Perfect feedback swayed the decision, and why I think the seller may be unaware.
JeffM729
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The box you received was not used until well after Bach moved to Elkhart. I hope you didn’t pay too much. There was an eBay seller in Louisiana selling these a few years back, who sold mostly tools.
Bionx
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fake. The printing on that box doesn’t quite look like the ones that come with modern Bach pieces
C Conn Vintage One
Bb Yamaha Xeno YCR-8335S
Scodwell USA Flugelhorn
Rhondo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffM729 wrote:
I hope you didn’t pay too much.

No, less than normal retail for current Bach mouthpieces. I've messaged the seller for a return and refund.

Thanks all!
Rhondo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, yesterday I reported the item to eBay as fake or a copy with a couple sentences only as their system doesn’t allow more than 100 characters to explain why it’s fake in the report. Received an email awhile ago saying they didn’t find anything that violated their policies… 😜

I also contacted the seller who acted very contrite, and ended up saying he wasn’t aware he had listed the mouthpiece incorrectly. When I said I had no use for the mouthpiece and didn’t want to keep it with a partial refund he was offering, he said he’d contact eBay first thing this morning to ask if they will allow him to refund the item and charge him for a return label for me.

Now it’s afternoon his time and he still has 3 of these mouthpieces listed at the same price, no change in the description, but adding a return option on the listing.

I sent him an email just now asking for him to just refund the item and I don’t need an ebay return label postage to send it back.
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhondo wrote:
So, yesterday I reported the item to eBay as fake or a copy with a couple sentences only as their system doesn’t allow more than 100 characters to explain why it’s fake in the report. Received an email awhile ago saying they didn’t find anything that violated their policies… 😜

eBay doesn't care.

I reported some obvious fake Bach Strads listed for around $500-600. The listings said "Made in China".

Got the same response back.

Items are still up.

They don't care. At all.
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
Rhondo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy Finn wrote:
Rhondo wrote:

eBay doesn't care.

I reported some obvious fake Bach Strads listed for around $500-600. The listings said "Made in China".

Got the same response back.

Items are still up.

They don't care. At all.

They do care… about profit.

At this point I did go through the process of requesting a return, which the seller has accepted. I believe though if he allows a return I may not be able leave feedback. Last year on a small ticket item that was misrepresented but allowed returns, after waiting days to get a response from the seller to return the item, my feedback was either erased or didn’t get posted. I think offering returns possibly protects the seller from negative feedback, but meanwhile they’ve wasted everyone’s time, and go on to re-list the item!

My motive for leaving neutral or negative feedback (which I’ve never done btw) would be mostly to warn others to be cautious. That’s what feedback is for, right?
huntman10
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at this crappy fake!! https://www.ebay.com/itm/404489270958

Seriously!
Selmer 25, Getzen Eternas, Kanstuls (920 Pic, CG)
Martin Custom Large Bore, Lots Olds!, Conns, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: