• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

GRawlin Solista Flugelhorns

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deandesi1@comcast.net

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:40 pm    Post subject: GRawlin Solista Flugelhorns Reply with quote

I bought a GRawlin fluglehorn a while back under the pretense it was a Carol Brass. I reached out to Carol Brass and they denied any relationship such as making horns for George. The horn I have looks like a dead ringer of an Allora flugelhorn. The hardware, valve caps, hardware placement, third valve trigger, spit valves, leadpipe, etc. The flugelhorn plays just fine. I was mainly wondering who, where, and when they were made for him. Allegedly, once he received them from the mystery factory, probably in China he tweaked the leadpipe to make it to his liking.

I like the horn just fine for the amount of time I use it. I just wonder what the story really is. I've tried his website that's no longer running. Messaging him over FB. I was told by the guy I bought it from that George was some medical issues. I don't know for sure. But nothing ever came back.

Brian
1978 Getzen Eterna
George RawlinFlugelhorn
2020 Austin custom brass doubler cornet

1939 Pan American Cornet.
1917 JW York B-flat/A trumpet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: