• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Acrylic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trumptrevol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:03 am    Post subject: Acrylic Reply with quote

Just got my acrylic top. Posting this to look back too and if others need some insight to acrylic

I switched over from metal~>gold~> acrylic and noticing some huge differences.

Firstly I’m able to actually buzz the mouthpiece now. With the metal and gold I was only able to buzz in my warmup, and if I attempted it later in the day only a really airy uncontrollable buzz would produce. Now with the acrylic I’m able to buzz whenever and keep a good quality/sound too.

The buzz and overall production of my vibration seems a lot more healthier, the only thing I’m noticing is a more spit due to endurance. But it’s only day 1! So good things to come and glad I made the switch
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I switched to an acrylic top years ago. When I compared it with a traditional one-piece mouthpiece I was surprised at how little difference there was in the sound. For me, the game changer was with playing in cold weather, which I find a LOT easier to do on the acrylic top.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: