• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

The 1st Trumpet book for Anything Goes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugleboy1973

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 5:20 am    Post subject: The 1st Trumpet book for Anything Goes Reply with quote

I'm just reaching out to see if anyone as a PDF or Forescore copy of the 1st trumpet book for the musical Anything Goes that they would be willing to share.

Thanks!
trpthrld
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several versions of this show. The most popular to stage these days is the Beaumont version, which has been around for years. It now has an updated version, mostly with the script but a little bit with song titles to make it more PC friendly.

There is the 1962 version, which is seldom done.

And there's the 2011 Broadway revival version.

I have played all three, including subbing on the Broadway revival.

Below are my show notes from the Beaumont version, which will tell you most of everything you should know.

Anything Goes (Beaumont* version)

3 parts - Bb & Flugel in all 3 / 1 & 2 together, 3rd separate

F# in “Buddy Beware”

Cup, straight, Harmon w/stem, plunger, Solo-Tone, Pixie (#21 “Buddy Beware,” 4 measures)

“Blow, Gabriel, Blow” feature in Act II / written solos & chords
It's a BIG solo to play if done w/ no cuts or edits.

“The Gypsy In Me” has lots of solo stuff in it - both 1st & 2nd parts / marked “a la Mendez”

Act I is fairly tame, all the heavy stuff is in Act II

*It’s called the “Beaumont version” because of the arrangements used in the 1987 Bway revival at the Vivian Beaumont Theatre.

www.trumpetherald.com/marketplace.php?task=detail&id=148173&s=The-Best-Trumpet-Lead-Pipe-Swab-EVER-

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPWAJqghk24&feature=youtu.be
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trpthrld wrote:
The most popular to stage these days is the Beaumont version, which has been around for years.

Brings to mind the line in Footloose, "Bomont?!. Where the hell is Bomont?" The kids liked that line so much they made t-shirts with that on it. Pretty sure I have one somewhere.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
bugleboy1973

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it's the updated Beaumont version we are performing. I was hoping to find the book sooner than what the eta is from Concord, to mess around with.
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The organizers should get the material well in advance for you to come up on it.

I was called in to help a high school do this show many years ago. And while I vaguely recall having to take some things down I don't recall that it's too tricky.
Now that I think of it, that was a show where the high school kids I was supposed to be helping kept blowing the the trumpet 2 and 3 books so loud that I doubt I even got heard. The MD didn't seem to care.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
benlewis
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send me a pm with e-mail address...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: