• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

don't let this one pass you by...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
livertwist
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a whim, I clicked on a "Conn cornet with student books" just listed on eBay... WELL! The buyer made a mistake and called it a Conn... instead it's an Olds Opera in a Conn student case.. serial 449xxx. I would have stayed hush and hopefully got it for about $120 or so but he refuses to ship to Canada. Apparently we're "international" up here. My loss is your gain ... Hopefully one of you lucky THers snags this beauty of a horn at a great price. If I've let the cat out of the bag and someone else spotted this as well... oops. Sorry. Just didn't want to see it completely pass everyone by.

Oliver

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3701963354&category=16214
oneeyedhobbit
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its mine folks!!! I'm a poor college kid with no experience on the cornet...pity me and give me a chance to try out a quality cornet...please?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mark125
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a trumpet or a cornet? It looks like the way the really old trumpets were made.
I wonder how much a horn like this is worth?
It just jumped up to 76.00 in the last few minutes. I checked a website and found that the horn was made around 1964 or 1965.

Mark

[ This Message was edited by: mark125 on 2004-02-02 17:37 ]
oneeyedhobbit
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot, this is going to be out of my college budget after 6 days, huh...I didn't know they made trumpets like that, however. I'm curious myself, now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
livertwist
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely a cornet. The seller has listed it incorrectly.

Oliver
_Daff
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the high bidder then received this shocking message from eBay:

Please be advised that the following auction:

3701963354 - CONN BRASS TRUMPET LEARNING BOOKS NO RESERVE

was ended early by eBay. The auction was ended due to the account suspension of the seller.
All results for this auction are null and void.

Regards,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc

I'm beginning to wonder about the general validity of eBay. This is not my first bad experience and I am an infrequent user. Couple that with all the scams and it isn't hard to want to steer clear.

[ This Message was edited by: Daff on 2004-02-02 21:49 ]
atom_anderson
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daff,

I have had many good experiences with EBay. As long as you follow some common sense and ask the right questions you should rarely have any problems with EBay. I think it's easy to find some of the fraudulent ads because they traditionally follow a pattern and there are so many ads placed every day.

-Atom
supportlivejazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My eBay experience has been about 99.9% great...I was almost ripped off once by a guy who sent me an empty box and claimed that the trumpet was stolen in transit...I bought a Martin that was dishonestly described. Both incidents were taken care of and I got my $ back. I have purchased some dogs because I did not ask enough or any questions in advance. But, I have about 430 transactions and I have purchased and sold some very nice horns and I have made money on almost all I have sold. Not bad in any marketplace. Don't be afraid. Common sense, street smarts and caution will go a long way. Most folks on eBay are AOK. The frauds are easy to spot....and the questionables are worth staying away from.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: