• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Spares for my Benge Claude Gordon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
M.lock3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help!
I use a lacquered Claude Gordon Benge ser nr 32xxx Los Angeles model. Where might I get spare parts .....valves , 1st slide, bell etc etc.
Any help greatly appreciated !
regards
Mike (UK )
Trptbenge
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

It is going to be tough because it has been out of production for so long. My suggestion is to contact Kanstul Musical Insatruments in LA. California (www.kanstul.net) and see if they could make the particular part you need. You might need to sen them the horn. It would be rare to find a repair shop that would have any parts. However, the best repair techs can sometimes fabricate parts for a horn.

I hope this helps!

Mike
Tim80
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Mr. Kanstul. I am not a talented player by any means. I'm just a comeback player but I attach great sentimental value on my LA Benge 3X+ because my grandfather bought it for me when I was in high school. I could fill it up then but not so much now. Anyway I called and was surprised tp speak to Mr. Kanstul. I asked if the valves from his Chicago line of trumpets would fit my trumpet. He said that wouldn't be the way to do it. He said he could put an oversized Benge valve in it. The cost was very reasonable too. So I am just going to ship my trumpet to him repair it and let him put a new leadpipe on it too. It is kind of cool that the horn is being repaired in a shop owned by the guy who supervised the construction of my LA Benge. Definately some continuity.

Kanstul Musical Instruments
1332 S. Claudina
Anaheim, CA 92805

Factory hours: M-F 7:00am to 3:30pm

Tel: 714-563-1000
Fax: 714-563-1661

M.lock3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so far! I play a Kanstul made Besson and it responds beautifully. I think I may contact mr Kanstul as I did not realise he might do a little renovative work as well.
rgds
Mike
Martin
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you contacted Leigh McKinney? He´s an excellent repair man and the maker of the Eclipse trumpets.
Might be an option, and probably cheaper than shipping your horn across the pond.

http://www.firstclassbrassltd.co.uk/

Martin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: