• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Age of Trumpet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
germerv

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Age of Trumpet
germerv

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How does one determine the age of a trumpet from the serial number on the side of the valves. For instance I have a Blessing Artist Model Ser. Num. 89732. What might it be worth? Mine is in good condition.

Thanks, germerv
wardsd
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the most complete Serial number list is located here: http://www.musictrader.com/serialnos.html

For your Blessing, it looks like it is approx. 1960.

Steve
supportlivejazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have three of them ranging in age from 1939 to 1960's. Nice horns if you like 'em! Email me and give me details of the description and I'll tell what I think and what I paid for mine.
AeroStud1026
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About how much its worth...really old horns arent worth that much....now If you have a old Bach Mt. Vernon thats a different story but what people have told me not many outside the Mt. Vernons are worth money. Where I live people are so in tune to the supposed "new sound" they dont like old horns at all. I thought my old Conn was worth something....Until i brought it in to have it looked at and they said i better get a new horn if im going to college...and that conn was almost perfect....No tarish....No dents, no silver wear....valves were smooth and everything....but it may be different in your case...im just going off of what happened to me.

Matt
Bach Strad 37 ML
Bach 3CW w/24 throat mpc

"Right now I am lost, but I am on a path and will eventually find myself, and once the path ends I will have found myself; the best in the world"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: