• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Could my corners be too loose?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpetplayer87
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do the lip clamp, and sometimes get a note when I have the mouthpiece positioned just right. BUT, even when I have the mouthpiece positioned to get a note, my corners leak terribly. I'm assuming this is normal, but should I, #1. Keep playing, eventually the air will be stop leaking, or #2. Stop playing, just do the lip clamp more often, untill you can play the notes without the air coming out of the corners. ????

Bonnie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
_dcstep
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't say, but I'm assuming that you're have the air leak when doing the roll in excercise. If so, I'd just keep at the excercise. Do the lip clamp and lip clamp squeak off the horn, as directed by BE.

The roll in has been incredibly uncomfortable feeling for me. My roll in tended to collapse as I moved the horn to the lips. The hsss set before roll in makes things a little easier. Still, I keep coming back to the set of the squeak and experimenting to try and make it work. On good days, I play with incredible ease up high, but usually I'm just better than I used to be.

Hope that helps.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: