• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

B&S C trumpet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gustav
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried a B&S C trumpet with a Gold Brass bell. Any info would be helpful.
pedaltonekid
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't played the C, but have played a piccolo and it compared very favorably to the Schilke P5-4 that it was copied from.
rooster7
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do a TH search, there have been a couple of forums on B&S trumpets-mostly on the piccolo and C trumpets.
I considered a B&S C trumpet, but I ended up with a Yamaha 8445GS. One of my favorite pieces of music is Maurice Andre's recording of Albinoni's Adagio (Celebre Adagio en sol mineur). My 8445GS, sounds identical to Maurices recording, which is pretty bright. From what I've read, some C trumpets are dark sounding (please correct me if I'm wrong) and I'm not sure how dark the B&S C trumpet is. I don't know if you want something with a bright or dark sound.
I purchased a B&S 3137/2 Bb silver trumpet with a gold brass bell in July 2003. I was blown away by the sound it made. The valves were very quick,too. I was torn about letting it go, but I did so because, with a mute, it weighed "a ton". That was the only thing I disliked about it.
I just acquired a B&S 3137/2 with the reverse tuning slide. I haven't had a chance to give it a good workout yet, but the couple days I've had it, it looks like its going to be a "keeper". It doesn't seem as heavy as the 3137/2GB I had. It has a really nice sound to it, but not as dark as the 3137/2GB.
From what I've read, and with my experience with the B&S trumpets, they are a pretty decent horn. The quality isn't bad and its hard to beat their prices. Good luck on your decision!
Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: