• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Dynasty M2000S

View previous topic :: View next topic  
camel lips
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any experience with the Dynasty M2000s line of outdoor horns?

The deception on the web site says:

"The Dynasty USA design team headed by Wayne Downey with assistance from Jeff Kievet has crafted clear, responsive and easy blowing horns. These trumpets, with their thicker bracing and great intonation are designed for the marching field."

Just wondering how well this horn would work in a Jazz ensemble and pep band?

I know Wayne and Jeff by reputation only and have to believe that they would come up with a great horn.

What makes this horn a outside brass horn?

or

What are the basic differences in a concert b flat horn and a outside marching horn?

I know that is probably like asking the difference in a Honda and Porche but inquiring minds would like to know.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

BTW this place rocks and is a wealth of great information.
plankowner110
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

camel lips,

The actual country of manufacture of these Dynasty marching trumpets would be an important consideration for me. You quoted something that went like "the USA design team of ..." but that suggests the horns are made elsewhere. I was told last week by my school music retailer that the dynasty horns were manufactured in Brazil. Is that absolutely true? I don't know and really don't care.

If you are interested in a quality marching trumpet that is designed for power on the field, check out the KING model 1117 "Ultimate Marching Trumpet" with .462" bore and 5 1/8-inch bell diameter. King musical instruments are manufactured in Eastlake, Ohio.

Go to http://www.conn-selmer.com
mafields627
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay away from the Dynasty trumpets. Despite the larger bore, they play really stuffy. I would either go with a Kanstul or the King if you want a marching trumpet. If you want more, perhaps better, opinions on marching brass, check out the brass forum at http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com.

[ This Message was edited by: mafields627 on 2004-02-15 23:52 ]
camel lips
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my question is getting lost.

The question is how will this "outdoor" horn sound in a indoor jazz ensemble or a Christmas concert?

I already own a Dynasty g horn and yes it is a bit stuffy compared to my Kanstul powerbore.

I was hoping someone actually had some time behind on of these horns that could give me a objective opinion.

Keep the info coming please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: