• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

What's the most "odd" thing in your case/gig bag?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugler90
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Korean quarter, Small American Flag that goes in my Army uniform rigth sleeve and a pice of plastic tube that goes in my mouthpiece for buzzing( from time to time)
trumpetgeekjr
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A JAPANESE smut magazine. I can't read it but it sure is loaded with some GREAT PICS!! And oh yeah...... A PINK SLIP from the gig I was reading it on!! matha @*"#!!!

Last edited by trumpetgeekjr on Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
bachstrad72
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

extra socks
I'm not sure if they are clean or not
trumpetgirl612
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

empty bottle of excedrin, extra ace bandage (i have recurring carpal tunnel) extra mpcs (not sure if all of thm are mine) ummmm come really old music, valve oil that i KNOW i did not buy, old math hw, and a book (rehearsals get reallly long and our trumpets hardly play during the long ones lol) i once found a box of 8 crayons, and a coloring book

~*~
Olds Ambassador Bb
Bach 43 LR Bb
Schilke c from experimental period with CSO
Blessing Artist Series Flugel

I'll ognore you anyday baby
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
damo_4701
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH DEAR!!!!
Apart from a broken valve from unknown trumpet, a container of valve buttons from various horns(you would be suprised how many I have had to give to people), A bottle of Yamaha rotor oil (don't know where that came from) and an unpaid speeding ticket from 3 months ago......... OOOPPPS.
Should go through my cases more often.
53' LA Olds Ambassador cornet
64' Conn 22B victor
eclectic tastes
ROGERIO
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: how odd.... Reply with quote

Very good question...

A Green Frog Pencil eraser, that has a hole on the butt area to stick on the end of a pencil.

It has been in there since 1981!!

When I was in college this very, very cute freshman girl came in to my practice room to talk. She gave it to me and I've never taken it out of there. See it all the time and get a smile remembering ...

As a side note, I also have a yellow sticky on the inside front cover of my Arban with a note from another attractive female... also way back in the early 80's. It's actually a little risque... which is why I've kept it there all this time... it also makes me smile when I see it...

Good thing my wife doesn't get into my music stuff!!

You get this old and it's the little things in life....
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a commercial gig?

Well, when I'm gigging at night and/or in a different town, I keep my Kimber .45ACP auto in the side pocket of my gig bag. My case, thus naturally, remains on stage and within eye view to keep someone from getting near it.

My combo did a night time gig outdoors in Savannah a few years ago . . . in a downtown area that's kind of rough after dark. I kidded the drummer that night, saying, "Hey James, what 'cha packin'?" (James is ex-military and has extensive tactical handgun training) He pulls out his S&W snub-nose .38 spl.!

The sax player's eyes bugged out and he started laughing (he's a crack-shot hunter from childhood). "How about you, Tom?" I pulled out my .45 auto and asked the sax player, "And how about you?" We all laughed.

I think we were all Boy Scouts too when young. "Be Prepared" is our motto when playing dark, outdoor gigs! Too many musicians get robbed and/or hurt by thugs.

Sincererly,

Tom Turner

PS: My tiny and thin, super-light Kel-Tec .32ACP is always undetectable in my pocket too when I'm doing nighttime gigs. Oh yeah . . . and I bring extra valve oil too . . . "just in case!" Ya gotta be prepared for anything!
Palestrina
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A really tiny Homer Simpson bobblehead. His expression looks as though he's saying, "Oooooo!"

When I need an ego boost, I just put him on my stand and he always seems real impressed with my playing!
DCB1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom turner wrote:
On a commercial gig?

Well, when I'm gigging at night and/or in a different town, I keep my Kimber .45ACP auto in the side pocket of my gig bag. My case, thus naturally, remains on stage and within eye view to keep someone from getting near it.

My combo did a night time gig outdoors in Savannah a few years ago . . . in a downtown area that's kind of rough after dark. I kidded the drummer that night, saying, "Hey James, what 'cha packin'?" (James is ex-military and has extensive tactical handgun training) He pulls out his S&W snub-nose .38 spl.!

The sax player's eyes bugged out and he started laughing (he's a crack-shot hunter from childhood). "How about you, Tom?" I pulled out my .45 auto and asked the sax player, "And how about you?" We all laughed.

I think we were all Boy Scouts too when young. "Be Prepared" is our motto when playing dark, outdoor gigs! Too many musicians get robbed and/or hurt by thugs.

Sincererly,

Tom Turner

PS: My tiny and thin, super-light Kel-Tec .32ACP is always undetectable in my pocket too when I'm doing nighttime gigs. Oh yeah . . . and I bring extra valve oil too . . . "just in case!" Ya gotta be prepared for anything!

Tom... you kill me! You never know who is packing around our group... I like it that way.
Curry
Bach
Selmer Radial
Kanstul
Holton
Amati
Conn
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCB1 wrote:
tom turner wrote:
On a commercial gig?

Sincererly,

Tom Turner

Tom... you kill me! You never know who is packing around our group... I like it that way.

Yep . . . "An armed society is a POLITE society!" I like it that way too . . . but the crooks HATE not knowing who is packing . . . it ruins their income!!!

Hope you are well down in the River City!

Warmest regards,

Tom
trumpetgirl612
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my flugel case: mmouthwash, floss, a shoelace <?> a cough drop n an empty asthma inhaler

~*~
Olds Ambassador Bb
Bach 43 LR Bb
Schilke c from experimental period with CSO
Blessing Artist Series Flugel

I'll ognore you anyday baby
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
trombahonker
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Pentium II 366mhz processor in my case.

Aaron
swingintrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pair of clean socks & boxers. Sometimes after a hard gig, I'd need to change RIGHT AWAY, and I'd bring some jeans and a tee-shirt in the car.
silverstar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah...during show chior season it isn't uncommon to find my bathing suit in my case....

We traveled a lot this year, and in the hotels they had pools and I love to swim...well, I would hang my suit up to dry overnight and then, right as we were leaving the next morning one of my roommates would be checking the room over and yell, "Lara, you left your swim suit in the bathroom"

I didn't have time to stuff it in my suitcase, so I did the next best thing: stuck it in my case...

the only problem with that is when you send a guy trombone player looking for a tuner to your case and he comes back with your swim suit instead and a face the color of a fire engine....

Lara

I may falter, I may fall, but I will get back up and keep at it. Fall down 7 times, get up 8.
belagozzo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things in my gig bag

Slide Whistle
Toy Car from McDonalds
Empty Evian Bottle
Saxophone Reed(to mysteriously check when I mess up, havent you noticed, thats what the woodwinds do)
Dallas Jazz Orchestra CD, that I mean to give back to Jazz Director
Shastock Solotone Mute(that mysteriously disappeared from my Teacher's office
2 Rocks

and finally My Trumpet
Bach NY 6 (1920s)
Marcinkiewicz Shew 1(Burbank)
flugle-me-elmo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the eyes of most trumpet players I play with:

The neckstrap for my Shulman System.

Chris
KingTrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see...

In the original case:

20 year old Conservatum slide grease
20+ year old Roche-Thomas valve oil (Smells like gasoline)
30+ year old Conn Valve Oil (smells like some other petrol product)

In my pro-tec:
-B.E.R.P.
Monette Prana B2 81
cjdjazztpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hack001 wrote:
a hacky sack. hey man... you never know when youll find someone who you can hack with!

Are you the guy I used to make fun of on gigs? (just kidding)

I had 2 weird things in my case:
a 9 volt battery (none of my equipment uses a 9 volt battery)

a small pack of staples (I don't own a stapler and I have never seen the staples before)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vivace
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok.

in my current case (my big ol gig bag thing with a bb and a flugel right now, as well as mnutes and a trumpet stand. and music)

some shout wipes. hey, you could spill somethign on your tux.

a box of pepto. I was at a band fest thingy. My stomach wasn't feeling good, so I ran into a convenience store and grabbed a box of pepto chewables. took a couple, put the rest in my case and ran to the rehersal. haven't taken em out. I figure they can come in handy.

the wrapper from my water bottle. it is one of those cool lookin gatorade bottles with the neato bottle and yah. i got sick of the wrapper, so I tore it off. put it in my case, and is still there.

and in my old old case. my first case.

there is a rag for cleaning excess oil and whatnot made from my old school star wars bed sheets. also a lot of random notes/origami from middle school.

in my pep band horn case. a ton of twizlers, both wrapers, candies, and unwrapped candies.

a pom pom with my school colors and some bank logo on the handle. i have no idea how old they are. no one knows anything aobut em except they are old, and have been in the pep band closets for ever.
silverstar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hack001 wrote:
a hacky sack. hey man... you never know when youll find someone who you can hack with!
[/quote]

I play hack! I'm not that great, but I always have a hacky sack with me.

Lara

I may falter, I may fall, but I will get back up and keep at it. Fall down 7 times, get up 8.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: